Cygnus ROV UTM
Deep Water Ultrasonic Thickness Tester
Key features of the Cygnus ROV UTM ultrasonic thickness tester include:
- A-scan to assist with measurement verification visually
- Multiple-Echo and Echo-Echo for accurate measurements through coatings (up to 1 mm) as specified by Classification Societies
- Single-Echo mode for heavily corroded metals with no coating
- Use the Auto Single-Echo / Echo-Echo / Multiple-Echo measuring mode for best results or set manually
- Supplied with CygLink to display and process measurements on a computer at the surface
- High-performance SD2C probe fitted with a Hard Rexolite Delay line
- Easy calibration and measurement settings via CygLink software at the surface
- P50 Probe Handler cleverly-designed to self-align with pipes from 50 mm diameters to flat surfaces
- Manual or automatic gain control.
Key benefits of the Cygnus pioneered Multiple-Echo technique include:
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement.
Engineered Probe Handling Solutions
- ‘P50’ Probe Handler designed to align the ultrasonic probe on to straight pipes, from 50 mm in diameter up to flat surfaces.
- Spring-loaded probe and v-shaped block allowing the probe to be positioned correctly on a straight pipe and move to accommodate different pipe diameters.
- A gimbal that allows the probe to move to align on to the straight pipe surface when used with a ROV manipulator arm.
- Probe handler can be fitted with a choice of manipulator handles – T Bar or Fishtail.
CygLink is a Windows® based application for topside computer use to display continuous A-Scan output and measurement data. CygLink has the facility to log both data formats into a Survey file for report presentation, which can be emailed, exported as a PDF, or printed.
|Materials||Sound velocities between 2,000 – 9,000 m/s|
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 1 mm thick|
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up to 1 mm thick
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Measurement Range in Steel||Multiple Echo: 4 – 20 mm|
Echo Echo: 4 – 30 mm
Single Echo: 4 – 50 mm
|Measurement Resolution||0.1 mm|
|Probe Zero||Automatic and manual selectable|
|Power||12 – 24 V supply input @ 60mA (average) @ 200mA (maximum)|
|Size||105 x 110 x 35 mm|
|Weight in Air||Gauge body 3.7 kg max.|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to 50°C|
|Environmental Rating||IP68 rated to 3,000 m|
|Computer Software||CygLink allows remote data logging and viewing of A-scan graphs|
Survey and report generation to PDF file
Graphic analysis of data
Designed for Windows 10 and above
|Environmental||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on tester|
6 months on probes
ROV UTM unit, SD2C-DAW 2.25 MHz single element delay line probe with cable and connector fitted in a P50 probe handler, 0.6 m patch cable for wiring the ROV UTM to the ROV, test lead – RS-232 to USB, test block 15 mm thick in 1080 mild steel, USB flash drive with CygLink software and documentation, calibration certificate, silicon grease for lubricating connectors and O-rings.
The Cygnus ROV UTM deep water ultrasonic thickness tester uses a high-performance probe that is fitted with a Hard Rexolite Delay line.