Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable
Ultrasonic Thickness Tester
Key features of the Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable ultrasonic thickness tester include:
- Multiple-Echo for accurate through-coat measurements, as specified by Classification Societies
- Supplied with CygLink to display and process measurements on a computer at the surface
- Easy calibration at the surface via CygLink or Topside Repeater (TSR) unit
- Optional TSR unit allowing readings to be displayed remotely and superimposed onto ROV’s camera screen
- Optional purpose-built ROV probe handlers for optimal alignment.
Key benefits of the Cygnus pioneered Multiple-Echo technique include:
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement.
CygLink is a Windows® application that allows remote viewing, control and data logging of the Mini ROV IRM (inspection, repair and maintenance) tester. The software can generate survey reports in PDF or export to a CSV file. Designed for Windows® 7 and above.
Cygnus Mini ROV used on Blueye X3
Cygnus Mini ROV used on DeepTrekker DTG3
|Materials||Velocities between 1,000 and 9,995 m/s|
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Resolution||0.1 or 0.05 mm (selectable)|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes|
|Power||7.5 – 30 V DC @ 150 mA (max)|
|Display||PC or laptop with VGA (not included)|
|Size||160 x 62 mm|
|Weight in Air||550 g|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to +50°C|
|Approvals||RINA Type approved|
|Testing||Tested to 500 m depth|
|Communication||RS-422, Simplex Single Pair or 2400 Baud (RS-232 9600 Baud output available as special order)|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on tester
6 months on probe
Instrument body, nosecone torque bar, operation manual, CygLink on USB, membrane couplant, test lead, 9 way D-type connector, impulse plug to fly leads, impulse blanking plug, O-rings, silicone grease, K3 RS-422/485 to RS-232 converter, RS-232 to USB converter, K3 manual, documents and warranty letter, probe assembly, including; spare membranes and membrane key, sample test block.
Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable Gauge Standard Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus Mini ROV Mountable Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE
To compliment Cygnus’ range of ultrasonic thickness testers we offer a range of portable UTM probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness tester relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being tested. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital.
All of Cygnus’ Single Crystal portable UTM probes are made from stainless steel and include replaceable membranes for long life, requiring no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.