Cygnus FMD System for ROV
Ultrasonic Flooded Member Detection System
For mounting onto remotely operated vehicles inspecting subsea members, to determine if there is water ingress. This flooded member detector combines intelligent and advanced software with an electronics interface that is truly simple to use. The innovative, fail-safe design means the FMD system can be operated by operators of varying experiences.
Comprising of probe with probe handler, subsea electronics unit and reporting software – this ultrasonic flooded member detection system provides a simple DRY (Green) or FLOODED (Red) result along with A-scans to assist with verification.
- Easy to Use: The Cygnus FMD has an innovative probe handling solution which self-aligns, ensuring correct contact with the member, even when approached from an angle. The system returns a simple DRY or FLOODED result to the reporting software with results logged at the surface.
- Cost Effective: The Cygnus FMD System extremely easy to learn and understand. Due to its simplicity and innovative fail-safe design the FMD system can be used by a range of operators, with varying experience, without the need for external contractors.
- Rugged: Available in high grade acetal or stainless steel for the harshest environments. The FMD is designed to the highest standards and supplied with a 3-year warranty.
- Reliable: To ensure the highest level of Probability of Detection and eliminate false readings, the purpose-designed algorithm simultaneously uses: advanced signal processing; an advanced peak detection algorithm and low distortion / low noise data acquisition. The system will only take a measurement when the contact sensor detects probe contact, ensuring reliable results every time. The reporting software will indicate at the surface should the probe lose contact during a test. There is also a ‘System Test’ function to ensure the reliability of the system before it is deployed.
- Versatile: Being of a compact design the probe is able to get into hard-to-reach areas, such as K nodes, where other inspection methods cannot. A range of versatile options to suit working depths and varying requirements are available.
|Probe||0.5 MHz high power piezo composite probe – single element|
|Measuring Range||200 – 2000 mm member diameter|
|Diver Communications PSU||110-240 AC 50/60 Hz @ 1A (max)|
|ROV Power Supply||12 to 24 volt D.C @ 60mA|
|Digital||RS232 & RS485|
|Date Capture||On demand 3 shot and varying gain levels|
|Diver Data Link||RS485 half – duplex|
|ROV Date Link||RS232 full – duplex suitable for fibre multiplexers|
|Acetal Electronics Body||0.9 kg
95 x 115 mm
|Stainless Steel Electronics Body||4 kg
95 x 115 mm
|Acetal Probe Handler||2.5 kg
140 x 170 x 130 mm
|Stainless Steel Probe Handler||4.7 kg
140 x 170 x 130 mm
|120m Umbilical Cable||23 kg
340 x 450 x 555 mm
|350m Umbilical Cable||87 kg
450 x 600 x 930 mm
|50m Deck Cable||13 kg
290 x 380 x 490 mm
|Depth Rating||300 msw|
|Operation Temperature||0°C to +75°C|
|Storage Temperature||-40°C to 55°C|
1 review for Cygnus FMD System for ROV
Nov 25, 2020 1:36 PM
The new Cygnus Ultrasonic FMD System was perfect for our recent application. Our technicians found the software to be very easy to use with features that ensured a quick and reliable result. It’s a great addition to the Westerton Access capability, offering FMD inspection from the Falcon ROV.