Ultrasonic Thickness Testing of Oil & Gas Pipelines
Oil and gas pipelines suffer from internal and external corrosion both on land and underwater which can lead to costly leaks and unplanned downtime. Carrying out regular inspection, repair and maintenance work can help to avoid these issues.
As most oil and gas pipelines have a protective coating, removing these coatings would not only be costly but could also cause further damage to the pipeline being tested. But with Cygnus thickness measurement instruments, our metal thickness tester provides a through coating measurement by ignoring coating up to 20 mm thick when used in ‘Deep Coat’ mode.
- Cygnus 1 Intrinsically Safe: Certified to Class 1, Div 1 (“Zone 0”) for ATEX, IECEx and CSA-US, making it ideal for potentially explosive atmospheres.
- Cygnus 4 PLUS: Featuring sequential data-logging for easy reporting, a large A-scan display and intuitive menu.
- Cygnus 6 PLUS: Offering A-scan and B-scan, manual gain control and comprehensive datalogging with auto-log function.
- Cygnus DIVE: Large, bright display and designed to be worn on the diver’s forearm providing an invaluable free hand whilst performing in water survey.
- Cygnus ROV Mountable: Depth rated to 500 m depth and able to operate in the harshest subsea operating environments.