Cygnus DIVE Underwater Tester
Ultrasonic Thickness Tester
Key features of the Cygnus DIVE underwater ultrasonic thickness tester include:
- Multiple-Echo for accurate through-coat measurements, as specified by Classification Societies
- Echo-Echo and Single-Echo modes for heavily corroded metals with a thin or no coating
- Deep-Coat function to ignore coatings up to 20 mm thick
- A-scan display to assist with measurement verification
- Optional Data Logging feature with AutoLog – storing up to 5,000 measurements including A-scan data without pressing any button
- MSI™ to help verify stable and reliable readings
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery giving up to 10 hours continuous measurement
- Optional CygLink software, Topside Repeater and HelmetView™.
Three Versatile Measuring Modes
- Multiple-Echo: Uses three error checked back wall echoes to provide the most reliable and accurate remaining thickness measurements, with no need to remove coatings (up to 20 mm thick).
- Single-Echo: Ideal for measuring uncoated metals with heavy front and/or back-wall corrosion. Also effective on a range of cast metals, plastics and composites.
- Echo-Echo: Works best for measuring heavily corroded metals through thin coatings of up to 1 mm thick, ideal for measuring painted metals with heavy back wall corrosion.
MSI™ (Measurement Stability Indicator)
Exclusive to Cygnus, MSI™ ensures stable and therefore reliable measurements are displayed in Echo‑Echo and Single-Echo modes.
CygLink is a Windows® based application used to transfer and manage data logger records, A-scans, measurement comments and material velocity tables. The program can generate PDF reports and export to Excel. It also displays A‑scans, allowing for after-the-event analysis of logged measurements.
Cygnus DIVE Underwater UT Tester used for In Water Survey
|Display||2.8” quarter VGA colour LCD (320 x 240 pixels). Large clear thickness measurement (15 mm high numbers), viewable from all angles.|
A-scan display with automatic X axis. Battery level, signal strength, probe type, velocity. Measurement mode and units indication.
|Battery||Single 3.6V Li-ion 8.2 W battery. 10 hours continuous measurement|
Low battery warning ‘alert’ message
|Measuring Modes||Multiple-Echo using 3 echoes to ignore coatings up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick.|
Echo-Echo using 2 echoes to ignore coatings up 1 mm (0.04 inch) thick.
Single-Echo using 1 echo
|Deep Coat||In Multiple-Echo mode, allows measurement to be made through thicker coatings of suitable materials of up to 20 mm (0.8 inch) thick|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes and Twin crystal probes|
|Probe Cables||Double outer jacket in tough PU. Coloured yellow for easy locations underwater|
Coiled for ease of use. Fischer S105 series connectors
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm (0.039 – 10 inch) depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Measurement Resolution||Multiple-Echo with single crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.05 mm|
Single-Echo and Echo-Echo with twin crystal probes – 0.1 or 0.01 mm
|Measurement Units||mm or inches|
|Probe Zero||Fully automatic probe zeroing for all probes types|
|V-Path Correction||Automatic V-Path correction for all twin crystal probes|
|Velocity Range||2,000 to 9,000 m/s in 1 m/s steps|
|Pulser||Twin channel 70 V spike pulser|
|Receiver / Amplifier|
10 MHz bandwidth, 120 dB range, automatic TCG
60 MHz measurement time-base
|Data Logging (Optional)|
One-handed automatic logging of stable measurements. Capacity for up to 5,000 points including 640 point A-Scan data.
|Data Output||RS-485 single pair, half duplex for surface connection|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on gauge and 6 months on probe|
Instrument body with wrist strap, ultrasonic probe with coiled cable, 2 rechargeable batteries, membrane couplant, battery charger with charger base, AC mains lead for battery charger, ultrasonic couplant gel, test block, spare probe membranes, membrane key, silicone grease, USB flash drive with documentation, calibration certificate and operating manual.
Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit with S2C 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus DIVE Data Logging Gauge Kit WITHOUT PROBE