Cygnus Underwater UT Tester
Ultrasonic Thickness Tester
Key features of the Cygnus Underwater ultrasonic thickness tester include:
- Multiple-Echo for accurate through-coat measurements, as specified by Classification Societies
- Deep Coat mode ignores coatings up to 20 mm thick (upon request)
- Heavy duty sealed unit with double O-ring protection
- Rugged, durable, shock-proof construction
- Easy and stable calibration – no zero adjustment
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement
- Two rechargeable battery packs with charger
- APR (Auto-Probe Recognition)
- TSR (Topside Repeater) options:
Option A – Palm-held TSR or;
Option B – CygLink software for data logging and remote display.
Key benefits of the Cygnus pioneered Multiple-Echo technique include:
- Measures remaining metal thickness on corroded and coated structures
- All measurements are error checked using 3 return echoes to give repeatable, reliable results
- Accepted by all major classification societies
- Greatly reduces inspection time and costs
- Echo strength indicator to aid measurement.
|Materials||Velocities between 2,000 and 7,000 m/s – covers virtually all common engineering materials|
|Measurement Range in Steel||1 – 250 mm depending on selected probe and configuration, material and temperature|
|Accuracy||±0.1 mm or 0.1% of thickness measurement, whichever is greatest, when calibrated in accordance with Cygnus Instruments calibration procedure|
|Resolution||0.1 or 0.05 mm (selectable)|
|Probe Options||Single crystal probes|
|Power||2 x rechargeable NiMH battery packs|
|Battery Life||2 x 20 hours continuous measuring (with fully charged battery packs)|
|Display||Large, bright LED display|
|Size||238 x 85 mm (inc. battery pack and probe head)|
|Weight||977 g (inc. batteries)|
|Operating Temp.||-10°C to +50°C|
|Environmental Protection||IP68 continuous 300 m rating|
|Standards||Designed for EN 15317|
|Compliance||CE, UKCA, RoHS|
|Warranty||3 years on tester
6 months on probe
Instrument body, probe and nosecone assembly with 1 m cable, lanyard, molykote, tommy bar, 2 rechargeable NiMH battery backs, battery charger with leads, membrane couplant, spare O-rings, spare membranes, membrane locking ring key, 15 mm test block and calibration jumper lead.
Cygnus Underwater Gauge Standard Kit with 2.25MHz 13mm Standard Probe, Cygnus Underwater Gauge Standard Kit WITHOUT PROBE
To compliment Cygnus’ range of ultrasonic thickness testers we offer a range of portable UTM probes. The performance of any ultrasonic thickness tester relies heavily on the probe and its suitability to the material being tested. Therefore, selecting the right probe is vital.
All of Cygnus’ Single Crystal portable UTM probes are made from stainless steel and include replaceable membranes for long life, requiring no zeroing and have a high linear accuracy.